Wikipedia eklektiline sügavus IX
Nädalavahetuseks Wikipedia artikleid, mis tunduvad olevat seotud ühel või teisel viisil aja tajumisega.
- Methuselah (estimated germination 2832 BC) is a Great Basin Bristlecone Pine tree in the White Mountains of California, which was 4,789 years old when sampled in 1957 by Schulman and Harlan. It is the oldest known non-clonal organism still alive, at the age of about 4,841 years old. It is the oldest known individual tree in the world.
- The B61 nuclear bomb is the primary thermonuclear weapon in the U.S. Enduring Stockpile following the end of the Cold War. The B61 can be set for airburst, ground burst, or laydown detonation, and can be released at speeds up to Mach 2 and altitudes as low as 50 feet (15 m). Fusing for most versions is by radar.
- Graphical timeline of the Stelliferous Era is the timeline of the Stelliferous era but also partly charts the Primordial era, and charts more of the Degenerate era of the Heat Death scenario (Galaxies no longer exist. Stras flung out of orbit or consumed by black holes.)
- Olbers’ paradox is the argument that the darkness of the night sky conflicts with the assumption of an infinite and eternal static universe. It is one of the pieces of evidence for a non-static universe such as the current Big Bang model. The argument is also referred to as the “dark night sky paradox”.
- Tyrian purple, also known as royal purple, imperial purple or imperial dye, is a purple-red dye which was first produced by the ancient Phoenicians. The production of shellfish purple was tightly controlled in Byzantium and subsidized by the imperial court, which restricted its use for the coloring of silks for imperial use, so that a particularly elite member of the imperial family was porphyrogenitos, “born in the purple”.
- Henricus Antonius van Meegeren (1889-1947), was a Dutch painter and portraitist, and is considered to be one of the most ingenious art forgers of the 20th century. It is estimated that Van Meegeren duped buyers out of the equivalent of several million dollars.
Categorised as: ...